The Korean Film Festival in Australia (KOFFIA) returns to cinemas this year with a number of excellent films lined up. Taking place across four cities, the festival will feature 13 commercially and critically acclaimed movies from the Korean film industry. KOFFIA promises an exciting time for film aficionados from all backgrounds and ages with English subtitles available for each film.
KOFFIA Programmer Francis Lee says, “We put our hearts and souls into selecting 13 Korean films of diverse genres. We feel highly confident whether you are a film buff or not, this year’s curation of 13 films will lead you to a kaleidoscopic cinematic journey encompassing the spectrum of human emotions.”
Korean Film Festival
This years program includes the following movies:
- In Front of Your Face featuring a former South Korean starlet who now lives in anonymity in the US.
- Broker featuring 2022 Cannes Film Festival Best Actor Song Kang-Ho.
- Decision To Leave, a story about a man who falls from a mountain peak to his death.
- Escape from Mogadishu — set in the late 1980s at the height of the Cold War.
- Mystery thriller Hommage.
- In Our Prime follows an outcast in a prestigious private high school.
- KOFFIA’s Opening Night film, Special Delivery.
- The Policeman’s Lineage.
- Gangster film Hot Blooded.
- Crime film The Roundup.
- Spiritwalker about a man who loses his memory and wakes up in a new body every 12 hours.
- Mystery movie Toxic.
- Romantic comedy Perhaps Love.
2022 KOFFIA screening dates and locations:
- Sydney: August 18 – 23, Event Cinema George St
- Melbourne: September 1 – 5, ACMI, Fed Square
- Canberra: September 1 – 3, Palace Electric Cinema
- Brisbane: September 8 – 11, Elizabeth Picture Theatre
Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased on their official website.