Those who live in Brisbane – whether it’s been for a short time or years – have opinions on the city that some locals might really be able to resonate with. Some good, some not-so-good, some in between, but still relatable.
Recently, we asked Brisbanites what things they’ll defend to the death but no one else understands. Now, we’ve asked what things they wish they knew before moving to Brisbane. Here are the answers, as told to us by locals on Facebook and Instagram.
- How wonderful winters are, mind you the humidity in summer makes up for it
- That you can’t swim in the river 😅 I’ve never seen a river that people can’t swim in!!
- You could be driving and suddenly there are cars parked in your lane. Which is legal… bruh.
- There’s no beach
At least we’ve got Streets Beach though lol.
- How hilly it is!
- That I would feel in love with this city hahaha
- How colourful the city is every night so I’d have gotten a better camera
- Nobody knows how to merge.
- That Aldi didn’t sell alcohol!
- There’s no highway from the western suburbs to the northern suburbs. Surely a road can go from Dinmore to Caboolture
- People care way more about origin than you would think or expect
- How good the weather is
Dear Diary, I love my life.