With all due respect to the beaches of the world, it’s hard to beat an Aussie beach and yes, we’re more than a little biased especially here in Queensland. With soft sand, crystal clear waters and dramatic views, they have all but single-handedly rendered the word beautiful a cliché. But how do they stack up next to other gorgeous beaches around the world? Pretty good if the travel site Big 7 is to be believed.
Big 7 has ranked not one but two Australian beaches in the top 10 and one of them is right here in QLD which is pretty damn cool considering that every other beach in the world was in the running.
Queensland’s Whitehaven Beach was ranked number 5 on the list and hailed for its striking white silica sand beach which is among the purest in the world. NSW’s Hyams Beach took out the 10th spot.
Turquoise Bay in Exmouth WA also made the list at number 16 which is hardly surprising given its name.
Top ten in Big 7’s best beaches in the world for 2023
- White Beach, Port Barton — Philippines
- Cabo San Juan Beach — Colombia
- Jalousie Beach — St Lucia
- Kendwa Beach — Zanzibar
- Whitehaven Beach — Whitsunday Islands, Australia
- Source d’Argent — Seychelles
- Navagio Beach (Shipwreck Cove) — Zakynthos, Greece
- Grace Bay — Turks and Caicos
- Lang Co Beach — Vietnam
- Hyams Beach — New South Wales, Australia
Check out the full list here.