We’re a mixed bunch here in Brisbane, which is what makes our city so diverse. With people and cultures from around the world, it comes with some of the best cuisine and art on offer. Some become quite passionate about Brisbane, too, so much so that they can be spotted in just ten seconds.
Recently, we asked locals what things they wished they knew before moving to Brisbane. Now, we’ve asked what the dead giveaways are on how to spot a Brisbanite in ten seconds. Here are the answers, as told by locals on Facebook and Instagram.
1. RM boots with tan chinos, coupled with a Broncos/Reds/Maroons polo
2. Wearing a jumper with denim shorts in winter.
3. Sunnies on forehead …..when it’s really sunny
4. Tailgating up your date, never indicate and pass you then sit at the same speed you are doing.
5. They say “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity”.
6. Thongs, singlet, shorts, beanie and scarf in winter
7. A deep fear of the rain. It rains and everyone leaves work early and doesn’t leave their house
I mean, this is totally valid.
8. Squeezing their ute between 2 cars on an otherwise empty car park
9. We smile and say hi
The nicest one so far.
10. Their license
That’s so true, hun.